Crane Duty Helical Gear Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox is dependent upon correct selection. The selection of a gear unit is definitely influenced by the class of duty of the crane which should be determined and specified. Single, Dual and Triple stage Horizontal gear systems type HA, HB and HC are recommended for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical equipment products type VC are suggested for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement should be specified while ordering the gear units.
1. Compute the required reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower required for the prime mover.
3. Make reference to the rating desk, see in the ratio column and predicated on input rpm verify the gear box ranking horizontally for various class of duty of the crane.
4. The size should be selected in a way that the rated HP is equal or even more than the consumed HP.
1. Select a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric motor for hoist drive in a course II duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will be suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for insight rpm of 720 in class II duty the rated HP is 9.5
· As the consumed HP is 9, the machine HB-350 will end up being suitable.
2. Select a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric motor for cross travel drive in a class IV duty crane, the decrease ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will become suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for insight rpm of 960 in class IV duty the rated HP is 3
Intrigued in finding out more about crane duty helical gearbox?