Gearing Arrangement: Worm Brand Name: EED
Input Speed: 1400 rpm Output Speed: 14 rpm to 186 rpm
Rated Power: 0.06 ~ 4KW Output Torque: 2.6-479N.M
Color: Blue/Silver or on request Origin: ZHangZhoug, China (Mainland)
Warranty: 1 Year Application: Industry
Supply Ability: 20000 Piece/Pieces per Month
Extra Service: OEM is welcome
QC System: ISO9001:2008
Packaging & Delivery
Package: Wooden box/Paper carton
Port: HangZhou/ZheJiang or on request
|TYPE||Worm Gear Speed Reducer/Worm Gearbox|
|MODEL||NMRV series size:571,030,040,050,063,075,090,110,130,150|
|COLOR||Blue(RAL5571)/Silver grey (RAL9571) or on your request|
|PACKING||Wooden box/Paper carton|
|USAGES||Foodstuffs, Ceramics, Packing, Chemicals, Pharmacy, Plastics, Paper-making, Machine-tools|
|IEC FLANGE||IEC standard flange or on request|
|LUBRICANT||Shell or Henry|
About CHINAMFG since 1984
HangZhou Melchizedek Import & Export Co., Ltd. is a leader manufactur in mechanism field and punching/stamping field since 1984. Our main product, NMRV worm gear speed reducer and series helical gearbox, XDR, XDF, XDK, XDS have reached the advanced technique index of the congeneric European and Janpanese products. We offer standard gears, sprockets, chains, pulleys, couplings, bushes and so on. We also can accept orders of non-standard products, such as gears, shafts, punching parts ect, according to customers’ drawings or samples.
Our company has complete set of equipment including CNC, lathes, milling machines, gear hobbing machine, gear grinding machine, gear honing machine, gear shaping machine, worm grinder, grinding machines, drilling machines, boringmachines, planer, drawing benches, punches, hydraulic presses, plate shearing machines and so on. We have advanced testing equipments as well.
Our company has established favorable cooperation relationships with sub-suppliers involving casting, raw material, heat treatment, surface finishing and so on.
The most advantage of the speed reducer is the technique of cobber clad, which can enhance the occlusal force between the bronze and core wheel.
|Application:||Motor, Machinery, Marine, Agricultural Machinery|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Installation:||as for Request|
|Layout:||Worm and Wormwheel|
|Gear Shape:||Worm Gear|
What are the Noise Levels Associated with Worm Gearboxes?
The noise levels associated with worm gearboxes can vary depending on several factors, including the design, quality, operating conditions, and maintenance of the gearbox. Here are some key points to consider:
- Design and Quality: Well-designed and high-quality worm gearboxes tend to produce lower noise levels. Factors such as gear tooth profile, precision manufacturing, and proper alignment can contribute to reduced noise.
- Gear Engagement: The way the worm and worm wheel engage and mesh with each other can impact noise levels. Proper tooth contact and alignment can help minimize noise during operation.
- Lubrication: Inadequate or improper lubrication can lead to increased friction and wear, resulting in higher noise levels. Using the recommended lubricant and maintaining proper lubrication levels are important for noise reduction.
- Operating Conditions: Operating the gearbox within its specified load and speed limits can help prevent excessive noise generation. Overloading or operating at high speeds beyond the gearbox’s capabilities can lead to increased noise.
- Backlash: Excessive backlash or play between the gear teeth can lead to impact noise as the teeth engage. Proper backlash adjustment can help mitigate this issue.
- Maintenance: Regular maintenance, including gear inspection, lubrication checks, and addressing any wear or damage, can help keep noise levels in check.
It’s important to note that while worm gearboxes can produce some noise due to the nature of gear meshing, proper design, maintenance, and operation can significantly reduce noise levels. If noise is a concern for your application, consulting with gearbox manufacturers and experts can provide insights into selecting the right gearbox type and implementing measures to minimize noise.
Energy Efficiency of a Worm Gearbox: What to Expect
The energy efficiency of a worm gearbox is an important factor to consider when evaluating its performance. Here’s what you can expect in terms of energy efficiency:
- Typical Efficiency Range: Worm gearboxes are known for their compact size and high gear reduction capabilities, but they can exhibit lower energy efficiency compared to other types of gearboxes. The efficiency of a worm gearbox typically falls in the range of 50% to 90%, depending on various factors such as design, manufacturing quality, lubrication, and load conditions.
- Inherent Losses: Worm gearboxes inherently involve sliding contact between the worm and worm wheel. This sliding contact generates friction, leading to energy losses in the form of heat. The sliding action also contributes to lower efficiency when compared to gearboxes with rolling contact.
- Helical-Worm Design: Some manufacturers offer helical-worm gearbox designs that combine elements of helical and worm gearing. These designs aim to improve efficiency by incorporating helical gears in the reduction stage, which can lead to higher efficiency compared to traditional worm gearboxes.
- Lubrication: Proper lubrication plays a significant role in minimizing friction and improving energy efficiency. Using high-quality lubricants and ensuring the gearbox is adequately lubricated can help reduce losses due to friction.
- Application Considerations: While worm gearboxes might have lower energy efficiency compared to other types of gearboxes, they still offer advantages in terms of compactness, high torque transmission, and simplicity. Therefore, the decision to use a worm gearbox should consider the specific requirements of the application, including the trade-off between energy efficiency and other performance factors.
When selecting a worm gearbox, it’s essential to consider the trade-offs between energy efficiency, torque transmission, gearbox size, and the specific needs of the application. Regular maintenance, proper lubrication, and selecting a well-designed gearbox can contribute to achieving the best possible energy efficiency within the limitations of worm gearbox technology.
Advantages of Using a Worm Reducer in Mechanical Systems
Worm reducers offer several advantages that make them suitable for various mechanical systems:
- High Gear Reduction Ratio: Worm gearboxes provide significant speed reduction, making them ideal for applications that require a high gear reduction ratio without the need for multiple gears.
- Compact Design: Worm reducers have a compact and space-saving design, allowing them to be used in applications with limited space.
- Self-Locking: Worm gearboxes exhibit self-locking properties, which means that the worm screw can prevent the worm wheel from reversing its motion. This is beneficial for applications where the gearbox needs to hold a load in place without external braking mechanisms.
- Smooth and Quiet Operation: Worm gearboxes operate with a sliding motion between the teeth, resulting in smoother and quieter operation compared to some other types of gearboxes.
- High Torque Transmission: Worm gearboxes can transmit high torque levels, making them suitable for applications that require powerful torque output.
- Heat Dissipation: The sliding action between the worm screw and the worm wheel contributes to heat dissipation, which can be advantageous in applications that generate heat during operation.
- Stable Performance: Worm reducers offer stable and reliable performance, making them suitable for continuous operation in various industrial and mechanical systems.
Despite these advantages, it’s important to note that worm gearboxes also have limitations, such as lower efficiency compared to other gear types due to the sliding motion and potential for higher heat generation. Therefore, selecting the appropriate type of gearbox depends on the specific requirements and constraints of the application.
editor by CX 2023-09-26